Crocs have been around for over a decade, and for the most part, they've been considered pretty uncool. But recently, there's been something of a resurgence in croc popularity – and people are starting to ask themselves, why? What is it about these shoes that has everyone so captivated?
If you're on the fence about buying a pair of crocs, read on – you might just change your mind.
A little bit of history
Crocs have been around since the early 2000s. However, they have recently gained popularity as a fashion item.
Crocs were originally designed as a type of boat shoe, and they were made from a lightweight and comfortable material. Crocs today are available in a variety of colours and styles, and they are often worn as a casual or dress shoe.
The shoe experienced a surge in popularity in recent years. Part of the reason for this is that crocs are now being marketed as a fashionable shoe choice. In fact, crocs were even featured on the runway at New York Fashion Week in 2018.
While crocs may not be everyone's cup of tea, there's no denying that they're having a moment. Thanks to their unique style and comfortable design, crocs have become a popular choice for both celebrities and everyday fashionistas.
So, what makes crocs still cool in 2022?
- Celebrities love them. Some of the biggest names have sported Crocs - yes that's right think Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Pharrell Williams, Justin Bieber and more!
- You can customise them - those 13 holes are not just to let your precious feet breath, but likewise so you can place fun charms which are all the rage.
- They come in a variety of colours and styles, so you can find the perfect pair for your personality and style.
- They're lightweight and comfortable, making them perfect for everyday wear
- They're super easy to clean
- They're affordable, and long-lasting, so you can buy several pairs without breaking the bank
And with crocs set to release a new line of shoes in 2022, it's safe to say that this trend is here to stay.